Despite the extreme temperatures, the civil protection structures in cooperation with the communities have made travel possible without problems in areas hit hard by heavy snow, said the Minister of Defense, Niko Peleshi on Sunday.
“According to the information received from civil emergencies, in some road axes in the region of Dibra the passage continues using snow chains, especially in the bypass of the Arbri road, in the axis Ura e Çerenecit-Klenje, or Trebisht-Dogane. It is also moved with snow chains in the segment Lunik-Klenjë of the road axis Librazhd-Sterblevë,” noted Peleshi in a post released on social networks which also carried photos of the work being done by the civil emergencies.
“In the axis Boge – Qafe Thore – Theth, where the temperature overnight reached -18 ° C, work continues to clear the snow,” added Peleshi.
“Temperatures will continue to be below 0 in the coming hours. We call on citizens to follow the advice of the authorities in any situation. Civil emergency structures are ready throughout the country’s territory,” said Peleshi.
No problems are reported so far in the road axes in southern Albania.
In the meantime after the announcement of the decision to close schools due to low temperatures on January 24-26, the Minister of Education Evis Kushi gave another important announcement this time for parents on Sunday.
Through a Facebook post, the minister announced that the government decision allows one of the parents with minor children to stay at home without administrative and financial consequences. / Argumentum.al
<iframe src=”https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fnikopeleshi%2Fposts%2F484167136401335&show_text=true&width=500″ width=”500″ height=”794″ style=”border:none;overflow:hidden” scrolling=”no” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=”true” allow=”autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; picture-in-picture; web-share”></iframe>